A recipe in every post! Posts are most recent first.
Jan 21 2021
I missed posting yesterday because I got busy learning my maths and did not pass my test, after-which I was really sad. I have not done many things today, even though I have been in the library for almost four hours. I feel as though I have done 2 minutes of work on every homework assignment I have. I have tried reading my books for class. One is about transforming gender in theatre cannon and another book about a lesbian/trans theatre in New York. They definitely are probably very interesting but every time I open one I immediately do something else. I also have a 45 minute presentation due next week, some discussion posts due Friday and my ever looming Trig class which I would like to be done with STAT. I am very grateful for my friends who always join me in the library <3 Todays recipe is brought to you by my friend KD and it's all about potatoes. It is also vegan!
KD's Potatoes (The best potatoes)
1. Cut up 2-3 potatoes per person into 1/2 inch cubes
2. Slice up 1/4 of an onion (or more if you like onions)
3. Put 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil into a pan on medium heat
4. Add 1/2 table spoon garlic to the pan, the potatoes, and the onions
5. Cover everything in Old Bay Seasoning
6. Put a lid on the pan and stir occasionally
7. When the potatoes start to scream and are very soft eat them!
For the rest of the day I plan to go to improv practice, clean my room, workout, and do more homework!
Jan 19 2021
I awoke today surrounded by my cats. I was very cute. Maxwell always sleeps right up against my knees and Bernadette always sleeps on/near my head like a travel pillow. They usually wake me up earlier but I suppose they were feeling benevolent today. When I woke up my phone was on low battery which is good because I am trying to cut back on my morning screen time. If I spend too much time on social media in the morning I think it stresses me out. After feeding the cats and putting on cool, but comfy cloths I headed downstairs to make breakfast and after eating breakfast I made a snack for later as I planned to be in the library working on math all day and would want to come home too something exciting, sweet and already made. As a side note I am also having my worst period of the whole year so I am just eating whatever I feel like, which is what I always do, but sometimes it is easy to forget that rule and feel bad about eating more sugar or odd things but my body knows whats up, and she's going through a lot right now. For my snack for later I made peanut butter balls which are vegan.
Peanut Butter Balls
1. Put 1 cup oats in a bowl
2. Add in 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3. Add in 3 Tbs maple syrup
4. Add 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
5. Add spoonfuls of peanut butter slowly until the mixture is able to be rolled into a ball
6. Make as many 1-2 inch balls as you can and put thm into a Tupperware
7. Freeze for an hour or longer
8. Eat em'!
After Packing all of my schoolwork, study break items, and snacks (large orange, apple, trail mix) into my backpack I set off to walk to the library. At the library I found a nice spot, sat down and worked on math for a while, occasionally playing animal crossing or checking flounder. I am still at the library, though now joined by my friend which is really nice. Sh is reading slightly aggressively. I plan to be here until around 6 after which I might go hang with my brother and eat ice cream if I feel up to it <3
Jan 18 2021
Today I woke up and cuddled with my friend, a little hung over because the night before we drank and played Wingspan the board game, which is a really long game, but the birds are really cute. Not wanting to get up, my friend suggested that we play Super Smash Bros for a bit. The first game I lost very quickly because I'm learning to main a new character, The Wii Fit Trainer, and she used her usual main, Chrom. The second game I won because it was Duck Hunt vs. Duck Hunt and I'm pretty good with Duck Hunt. A lot of people hate Duck Hunt, but I think that he's really cute. After that we went to HyVee to get coffee, snacks, and eggs. We both were planning on hitting the books later and needed some fuel. We also got donuts because they are tasty and every day I like to give myself a gift! We went back to her place, talked, giggled and then we both had to poop so I went home, pooped, showered, played with my cats, and got ready to go to the library. One of my friends needed a place to shower so they came over and showered while I made a breakfast quesadilla.
1. Cut one radius line into the tortilla from the center to the edge.
2. Mix peanut butter (or almond, or no-nut butter) and oats and smother onto on quarter of the tortilla.
3. Put chocolate chips on the next quarter, I used vegan chocolate chips
4. Put nutella/vegan hazelnut sauce on the next quarter or honey
5. Put fruit on the last quarter
6. Starting with the slit facing you, fold the tortilla in on itself three times or until the tortilla looks like a triangle
7. Put butter in a low heat pan
8. Cook the tortilla on both sides until golden brown
After that delicious snack me and my friend walked to get our other friend and went to the library. I am at the library now and will probably be at the library till late tonight.